Welcome to the fifth step in Exhibiting 101! We're breaking down the important steps of planning for trade shows, conferences, and events so you know where to go and what to do along the way. You have done all the necessary prepping for the show, so what do you do once you're actually there? Put on your game face because it's game time!
Here are 4 things to do as soon as you arrive to the venue:
1. Confirm all display materials are on hand at show site
- Sometimes shipments can be lost, put in the wrong booth, or are late in arriving to a booth. It's important to go to your booth and confirm everything is there and ready to be set up. How do you make this as easy as possible? Clear and detailed shipping labels.
2. Confirm all show services ordered at the service desk including wifi, floral, electric, meeting rooms, and lead generating services.
- Decorators have A LOT going on. It may take them a while to get to you so instead walk over to the service desk. Confirm your orders and find out when you will receive all of them.
3. Meet with your team to review the show schedule and goals for the event
- Hopefully, everyone has already prepped and planned for this but it's important to go over it once you're actually there. It's easy to lose sight of every goal and the exact schedule when there is so much going on around your display. Hone in your team and remind them why they are there!
4. Once display is set up, perform one last dry run to confrim everything works and is in place.
- Practice makes perfect! A run through will shake out most nerves and last minute questions that will come to mind when saying your points out loud in your display.
Having a game plan for your arrival helps keep everything organized and takes away the stress of a hectic and confusing day. Nothing goes as planned, so make sure you're over prepared!